AllHipHop.com: Who you got in the election? Who you going for?
The Game: Man, I’m goin’ for the n***a man. Obama. Man I don’t give a f**k what he talkin’ bout I ain’t heard Obama say nothin’. I just know that n***a black and he about to win this s**t. Hillary need to fall back man. I’m going for Obama man, that n***a could say I’m going to kill every n***a in the hood when I get in there – I’m going for Obama man. That’s it. Gotta see a Black man, man I’m biased man. I’m biased.
1. The Game continues to make me wish Bruto would knock some sense into his Popeye looking ass.
2. Apparently Mary was referring to her budget when she named this song “Stay Down.”
“Recording is an addiction,” he says. “I can’t stop.” Wayne works quickly — he writes nothing down, records rhymes as soon as they pop into his head, and completes up to five songs a day. He can also knock out a verse for someone else within a half-hour of hearing the beat. That has served him well financially: Wayne charges $100,000 for the average cameo — or $75,000 if he likes the beat or the song. “But nothing less!” Wayne says. “I wouldn’t do a song for my sister for less than $75,000.”
3. At least 100 rappers, singers, and those that pretend to be both have been overcharged something terrible by Lil’ Wayne. Too bad Dr. Suess isn’t getting his deserved cut.
While the performer’s rap sheet does include a half-dozen arrests, Akon has only been convicted of one felony, for gun possession. That 1998 New Jersey case ended with a guilty plea, for which the singer was sentenced to three years probation. Another 1998 bust, this one in suburban Atlanta, has been seized upon by Akon and transformed into the big case that purportedly sent him to prison (thanks to his snitching cohorts) for three fight-filled years. In reality, Akon was arrested for possession of a single stolen BMW and held in the DeKalb County jail for several months before prosecutors dropped all charges against him.
So there was no conviction. There was no prison term between 1999 and 2002. And he was never “facing 75 years,” as the singer claimed in one videotaped interview.
4. Akon is a liar. I don’t know what’s sadder: The mindset that led him to believe that he had to pretend to be a convict to get success or the fact that it actually worked.
5. Foxy Brown is begging fans to show up at the jailhouse today to make her feel special about herself. Hopefully a bunch of Koreans show up and jump her for acting crazy at the nail salon.
How many people have you truly loved?
I’ve always wanted the best for everyone in my life. Except for one person: Bombita. She was in the fifth grade with me. She can die.
She was mean. She used to step on my toes, anything to make me mad. I hope she’s a ghetto statistic. And if that keeps me out of Heaven, then so be it.
6. Erykah Badu continues to be my hero.
The “hippest trip in America” has pulled the plug on its annual award show. Reuters Life is reporting that the Soul Train Music Awards has been cancelled without explanation.
7. If it were 1995, the world would be enraged.
8. ABC News themes its Democratic Presidential after the tabloids.
But if you go two minutes in, you’ll see Barack is brushing the dirt off his shoulders.
ONE DAY AT THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH, WATCHING THE OCEAN CRASH INTO WAVES AND THE SKY CHANGE FROM DAY TO NIGHT AND THE SUN SET AND THE MOON RISE SHOWED ME THIS MIRACLE WE CALLED LIFE IS BRAND NEW AGAIN FOR ME.
WE SPEND SO MUCH TIME FOCUSING ON THE FRAGILE AND DELICATE THINGS IN LIFE THAT WE FORGET THAT GRAVITY IS HOLDING US UP AT THIS VERY MOMENT, THAT OCEANS ARE ENDLESS, AND THERES AN ENTIRE LIFE UNDER THE SEAS THAT WE DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT.
10. Solange tries to go ‘deep’ with a shout out to Sebastian and Ariel. Manages to still come across as a home school don’t.