He’s Not A Monster, He Just Bites Like One

I don’t wish failure on anyone, but I wish there was something that could humble Chris Brown.

I know I’m about to step up into a soap box, but when I read comments like, “Hit Rihanna for me one more time, Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!” I get angry.

If Chris Brown looked like Flavor Flav or hit any of the mothers of these young girls defending him to the death, I have a hard time believing so many people would rush to defend him.

Look at him, standing there in front of the camera reducing every legitimate form of criticism leveled his way as “hate.”

He is accused of beating, punching, choking, and biting a woman in a car in a public street. I don’t care that the woman in question is Rihanna. It’s a woman and as a man double her size and two times stronger than her he is dead wrong for beating her that severely.

But by saying this, I’m a “hater.” I’m the one that’s wrong. The one who should “mind his own business” given that I don’t know the “full story.”

I saw a picture, I read a police report, I’m well aware of the physical make up of the accused and the victim. I know enough.

There I go hating again.

I am so sick of that word. As I tweeted the other day, if you removed that word from people’s vocabulary for a day, chances are a bunch of people would be channeling their inner Helen Kellers.

I’ve read the comments from other bloggers making the case that it’s just as wrong for a woman to go at a man. I completely understand that sentiment, and wrote about my own experiences dealing with the matter, but let’s be honest for a change: I believe in equality, but I’m aware of genetics. Men are usually stronger than woman.

Should we all be open to the same opportunities? Of course. Are our punches gender neutral? There are exceptions, but in most cases, no.

Stop pretending otherwise.

Even worse is the belief that he should be given a second chance. Of course he should, but by that same token, can he show a little remorse?

To me it doesn’t matter how “crazy” Rihanna is. If she’s that insane, you break up with her. You don’t beat her down from head to toe.

Between him hitting the jet skis after being arrested, pleading not guilty to charges, and promoting his album in his very first public appearance since the incident, it proves that not only his is he arrogant and doesn’t understand the severity of his actions.

He believes he’s untouchable, and sadly because of his celebrity and wealth, along with rampant misogyny, he has reason to think so.

He’s been accused of beating up photographers in both California and Florida. He’s been accused of getting rough with a South African actress after she gave him the cold shoulder. He’s been charged with beating up his girlfriend.

What does he have to do to convince some that he shouldn’t be defended at every cost? Knock them upside their own heads?

Nevermind, that probably wouldn’t do any good either. Imagine those he hit would convince themselves that they had it coming.

The only Black celebrity who I’ve seen come out and publicly speak against Chris Brown is Eve.

Via her twitter:

hold on hold on!! im just gonna reach out to some of ya’ll out there and say this bluntly, why do ppl keep tryin to protect chris browns ass

hes guilty until proven innocent, and no man should ever raise a hand to a woman, im so sick of people kissin his ass..yeh i did just watch

a clip of him saying he isnt a monster…yeh motherfucker u are. let him or any other man come to me with power fists..id fuck him up..

and a message to rihanna…girl your beautiful and talented and u dont need a nigga like that around u…ur special and deserve better…

&finally,no we dont no wat happened that night, all i no, is seein rihannas beautiful face bruised and upset..thats enuff 4 me.

im glad yall agree with me…im so sick of the media trying to sugar coat a serious issue. thanks for your responses, keep them coming tho x

Finally someone with some melanin speaks up. Everyone else is either defending them in lieu of their own accusations of domestic abuse (Terrence Howard, T.I.), or playing the “no comment, Jesus bless him excuse.”

Yes, I hope God blesses him with mental counseling. It would seriously do him some good. He seems to be under the impression that everyone’s memory fades and that he’ll be back on top in no time. Yeah, those little girls may help remain relevant, but that mainstream crowd he was shooting for have officially gave him the finger.

Just look at the comments on sites like TMZ. They’re not amused, and if they’re not smiling, there won’t be many endorsement deals and big corporate sponsors for you.

Get cousenling, Chris. Do a PSA. Start a domestic violence charity. Try to act like you care that you beat up a woman like it was nothing then hit the skis at Diddy’s house.

But until that happens and Chris Brown stops acting like he’s King Jaffe Joffer, I could care less about his new album, whatever backflip he’s working on for his next tour, or any role he has coming up that his handlers hope will “repair his image.”

Comments

1. kmoore8435 says:

Right. Right. Right. All along I have argued with people about this incident, moreso, in a sense that Chris Brown deserves a second chance, but after seeing this video I was pissed. Who the hell is “hating” on his ass?

If I were to say, Chis Brown has fucked up teeth and they look like they’re doing aerobics….then that maybe be construed as “hating”. But people or “ex-fans” saying you are wrong for beating up a female IS NOT HATING! In keeping with your “Coming To America” metaphor, “Can’t you get that through your greasy head.”

This video makes him look like a damn fool. He shows no remorse for his actions. He does not care and I hope he breaks his hip while pop-locking on stage. Now that’s hating, you freckle-faced dentally challenged little bitch. Oh yeah…I guess that would be “hating” too.

2. Misty Knight says:

I have given all that I could give with the Chrianna situation. I promise myself Im not gonna get there, becuz these dumb bitty's stay tryna block my salvation.

I was once convinced the only ones causing "harm" to Chris were his incompentent PR staff. Now I see that in addition to bad handlers, he himself is a complete and utter moron. I mean an album this summer?
    Does he thing that the nation is collectivelt holding its breath for "Forever pt 2"?

How about going on an PR campaign? fegin remorse if you have to. This is not rocket science is common sense for fucks sake!

I shouldnt be surprised at his arrogance & stupidity though. They say you can determine someones character by the company they keep. And Last I saw he was skinnin and grinnin, shirtless, and sweaty, next to Mrs. Chad Moss, and Shaq.

3. Taylor says:

"chances are a bunch of people would be channeling their inner Helen Kellers."

^one of the best quotes I've ever read! lol, so very true.
    &&
    I'm sick of Christopher Brown also so please don't stop your "hating".

I like your hate posts, do some more.

Continue the hating. Its the good kind of hate, not that HATER SIPPIN ON HATERADE KIND OF HATE.

if that made any sense at all…

4. Dr. Kiti says:

I am so fucking sick and so fucking tired of people using and abusing the word ‘hate’. Can we please just let this term just die?? Please??

On Chris: I’m so over this manchild. My job of saving the world is hard enough convincing these poor little chirren that they are worthy, they are deserving and NO ONE should hit them without him coming along and minimizing the damage. I mean, these kids, not on the internet, out in public, real life shit, think this is okay! My future stepdaughter thinks that Chris hit Rihanna because ‘well, she must’ve made him mad’!? What kind of fuckery is this??

I’m so done. I try to keep my head under a rock. I refuse t.v. and I rebuke radio in the name of Jesus. I sticks to my blogs where people still have brains and a little bit of common sense left.

5. J2201987 says:

*dead* @ “manchild” Dr.Kiti…

Clearly, Breezy (and that rapper in the video, ol’ what’s his name that used to be relevant) have a lot of growing up to do. Though I agree with the “no comment, Jesus bless both of them” especially for celebrities, because they just stick their foots in their mouths when they go for or against Chris or Rih-Rih, he’s still wrong (for not giving some kind of explanation for his “actions” that night in order to salvage his “career” if people can still call it that) and needs help. They both look like morons…

6. Anonymous says:

Amen…the realist shit I ever read!

7. Vic says:

Once again, you hit the nail on the head with this post! No need for me to go on about the situation. Also, to kmoore8435……standing ovation!

8. Cassie says:

While I do agree that he should not have hit her and that he is a damn fool for ever putting out a “stop hatin on me” video, I do think that everybody needs to stop acting like this is only the mans fault. In most cases and I am speaking for many situations I’ve seen there are ALOT of women out here that need just as much help. I won’t put this person on blast, but I know a woman who would fight her dude and then use calling the police as leverage to stay in control of the situation, ie if you start acting right I’ll drop the charges and put money on your books. THIS type of stuff really happens!! I’m not saying its right but it happens and I think that while we don’t need to take men hitting on women we need to stop acting like women don’t have just as many issues. And hell no I’m not sticking up for him. I just want there to be an equal discussion about women too.

9. Kjen says:

@ Cassie
    As an African-American, I am well aware of the “first”/pioneer person mythology. Jackie Robinson, Rosa Parks, etc. Trail blazers chosen not just for their talent but for their humility, graciousness and spotless reputation.

And so….Chris Brown will not become the Jackie Robinson of Male Victims of Domestic Violence.

I know that you know men who are being beaten up their female partners and restrain themselves from fighting back because of society’s constraints and the threat of the police – hey! why don’t you shed light on one of their stories! actually get one of these ideal’ battered men in the spotlight.

Using Chris Brown as your Jackie Robinson doesn’t fit because clearly he believes in hitting women back. So people aren’t as willing to hear about the trail and tribulations of battered men because….hey, who was it that wound up with the most injuries?

10. Cassie says:

@Kjen
    In no way shape or form am I putting Chris Brown up as a poster child. I’m just saying with all the conversation going on there needs to be a discussion about not just battered women but women who have mental problems and use being beaten as leverage in a game. I spoke to someone in the DA’s office when I was doing a project for school and he also commented that this is running rampant through his office. I’m not saying at all this is the case for Chris and Rihanna, only stating that this discussion should also be brought to the table.

LMAO at your comment though
    Comedy!

11. Anonymous says:

ok, first off, eve doesn’t have a twitter that someone else tweeting as her. it was confirmed.

second, please mike, let this shit go! i’m tired of hearing about both of there dumb asses!

12. iman says:

oh god ppl who keep tryna flip it on the females have their own issues…

13. Model Minority says:

Look at him, standing there in front of the camera reducing every legitimate form of criticism leveled his way as "hate."

He is accused of beating, punching, choking, and biting a woman in a car in a public street. I don't care that the woman in question is Rihanna. It's a woman and as a man double her size and two times stronger than her he is dead wrong for beating her that severely.
    ==========
    It has become clear to me, that the general dislike of Black women by Black women and Black men, leads us to think they they should get the shit beat out of them if they "talk shit, talk smack" or generally refuse to be treated like a rug.

Our children, our babies, think that a man has a right to hit his intimate partner if he or she talks shit, and this is no one's fault but our own.

Chris Browns beating of Rihanna Fenty has held a mirror up to the tolerated relationship violence in OUR community that we would rather not be exposed to public view.

Abuse flourishes hidden in the dark. Healing ONLY happens in community and in the light.

The leak AND publishing of Rihanna's nudes photos confirmed how cats just don't give a fuck.

I have written to pieces that explore this further.

Asher Roth and Why Rappers Need Nappy Headed Ho's