Who Wants To Drive Down 1-95 & Blast Some Rihanna?

I think it’s a good thing that Fist Brown’s case has finally been settled and we can all move on from stewing in our respective soapboxes.

To be frank: Reading some of the user comments on various blogs made me question everyone’s right to reproduce.

Take for instance yesterday where I read women saying Rihanna should’ve gotten community service, too. Excuse me, but I read Chris Brown beat her down, bite her ears and fingers, and told her he was going to beat her even more when they got home — which leads me to believe that he wasn’t a virgin in the ways of Ike Turner. Now, did Rihanna even pinch Chris Brown hard? Why should she work at soup kitchens when it was her who got banged up?

Oh, and then there are the people who say “Oooh, now the dirt on her is coming.” What is wrong with some of ya’ll out there in the world? Did your mama free base instead of breast feed? If Chris Brown really had anything to rationalize why he beat Rihanna like she bested him in a dance off, why on Earth would he cop a plea deal to a felony?

Chris Brown is now a convincted felon. How many packages of Doublemint gum do you think his newfound street cred will move? I’m not guessing as many as his own brand of soap on a rope.

You’ve got to be one delusional stan all caught up in his Kool-Aid grin (respect: I have one, too) to think he held back out of respect for her. If he respected her that much he wouldn’t have banged up her George Foreman (thank you, Mariah). And if he really had anything on her that devastating it would’ve come out by now.

She might have been the aggressor in many other instance, and she may very well be out of her mind as they say. But, in the end, he beat her down in his car on a public street so if it weren’t “as bad as the media (booga, booga, booga) had made it seem,” then he’d be copping plea deals to misdemeanors, not felonies.

They tried that and it didn’t work, so there you go. He’s now playing with his tour money.

Now I’ve admitted to my own shallowness at times. We all suffer from it in varying degrees. However, you have to separate someone’s pretty face from their actions. Especially if their actions result in you looking like a Crash Test Dummy the second they have a temper tantrum.

I’m going to pray, wish on a star, and drop pennies in the pond for some of you future frequents of the battered women’s shelters across America.

All jokes aside, your temperament disturbs me and it’s unfortunate patriarchy and the rampant misogyny in our culture has your mind remixed into thinking any of what Chris Brown did was acceptable.

While I don’t approve of what he did and how he showed no remorse at all, I also hope Chris Brown gets the help he needs. It’s for his own good anyway. If he even thinks about backhanding a girl he’ll be doing the booty do from his bunk buddy in jail.

His career won’t suffer too bad and as sad as that is, maybe it will dawn on him to finally speak out on what he did wrong. It’s not hard to forget no one is perfect, but it’s hard to embrace those who fail to acknowledge their transgressions.

And on that note, I’m done.

Image via That Bitch @ Rhymes With Snitch.

P.S. Is Chris Brown’s publicist kin to Rihanna? Why is he giving his songs titles like “Smash” and “Not My Fault?” Someone close to you hates you, Chris.

Comments

1. TIERRA226 says:

I totally agree with your post. People are so occupied with Chris Brown's smile, singing, and dancing that they fail to see the damage he did to Rhianna's face.

Not to go all Mental Health on you, but my professor stressed that domestic violence is a cycle. Even though young Chris was angered at the physical abuse his mother endured, he also saw the apologies and the reconnections between his mother and step father. Not every boy becomes a monster after witnessing violence but Chris apparently needs help.

The judge should have also subjected Chris to some kind of anger management therapy as well.

2. TIERRA226 says:

3. TIERRA226 says:

4. TIERRA226 says:

5. TIERRA226 says:

6. Misty Knight says:

"And on that note, I'm done on this!"

Stop Lyin! :)
    I dont know why you still even get mad anymore. From the comments I read some folks were anticipating this court date, as if it were the 2nd coming of Jesus. To tell the truth I was expecting to hear some "explosive" testimony my damn self. But then I had to remember that Rihanna's and Chris' lawyers were behaving like play cousins, and they both had the same common interest, which was to get the trial over with.

7. Misty Knight says:

"And on that note, I'm done on this!"

Stop Lyin! :)

8. Misty Knight says:

"And on that note, I'm done on this!"

Stop Lyin! :)

9. Misty Knight says:

"And on that note, I'm done on this!"

Stop Lyin! :)

10. Misty Knight says:

"And on that note, I'm done on this!"

Stop Lyin! :)

11. J2201987 says:

Well, for one thing, I live off I-20 by Six Flags over Georgia, second, I'm not really into Rihanna like that [at least to be (a man) blasting "disturbia" down Six Flags Drive].

But most importantly, it saddens me to see some of the dumbass comments from these young boys and girls. Hell, even people my age (and I'm 22). To "stan" up the way they do and completely disregard the fact that he "stomped the yard" on Rih-Rih's face just because when he smiles he looks like that goofy ass kid in drama class (and I know a lot of them, I went to Pebblebrook HS).

As an artist, I still think Breezy's cool, and I am (NOT A CB STAN) looking forward to his new album. But looking outside in, I hope he gets the help he deserves as well. Domestic violence is no joke.

I just saw that footage of Tyra from last year when she asked Chris how does seeing his mother being abused affects his relationship with females. Someone should have gave Chris a lollipop and a therapist then. Regardless of how (he didn't really answer Tyra's question which was a red flag in itself) he didn't want to be like his father/stepfather, kids still pick up behaviors of their parents and adult influences.

BTW, is registration is free, I'll join =D

12. J2201987 says:

BTW, is registration is free, I'll join =D

13. J2201987 says:

BTW, is registration is free, I'll join =D

14. J2201987 says:

BTW, is registration is free, I'll join =D

15. J2201987 says:

BTW, is registration is free, I'll join =D

16. MissX says:

Which came first,

The abuse or the abuser.

I hate to label, but we are truly a product of our environment.

Hold the ohs and awws.

A boy who witnesses abuse, is more likely abuse his significant other.

A young girl who witnesses abuse is more likely to be subjected to abuse, becoming a victim.

As much as we like to dwell on Chris Brown needing to seek help, have we forgotten that Rihanna needs help as well.

I don't know their relationship, but I would put my money on it, that was not the first time that it had gotten physical.

Maybe that was the biggest it had been.

Either way, women and men need to understand if you shove someone, grab someone, threaten someone, mentally as well as emotionally hurt someone that's a form of abuse.

I don't know how to stress to young teenage women that when a man is jealous, that 'ish ain't cute. It's not flattering.

Abuse is cyclical and it starts young; how you see your parents engage themselves in their relationship, dictates what your future will look like with a man or woman.

Rihanna will always be a victim if she doesn't get her ass out the Drakes lap and onto the therapists couch.

17. MissX says:

Which came first,

The abuse or the abuser.

I hate to label, but we are truly a product of our environment.

Hold the ohs and awws.

A boy who witnesses abuse, is more likely abuse his significant other.

Maybe that was the biggest it had been.

18. MissX says:

Which came first,

The abuse or the abuser.

I hate to label, but we are truly a product of our environment.

Hold the ohs and awws.

A boy who witnesses abuse, is more likely abuse his significant other.

Maybe that was the biggest it had been.

19. MissX says:

Which came first,

The abuse or the abuser.

I hate to label, but we are truly a product of our environment.

Hold the ohs and awws.

A boy who witnesses abuse, is more likely abuse his significant other.

Maybe that was the biggest it had been.

20. MissX says:

Which came first,

The abuse or the abuser.

I hate to label, but we are truly a product of our environment.

Hold the ohs and awws.

A boy who witnesses abuse, is more likely abuse his significant other.

Maybe that was the biggest it had been.

21. Trevaun says:

Im soo tired of the these dumb ass stans saying riri got what she deserved and she started it..Girl u aint neva gonna get chris soo u sucking his invisible dick isnt gonna help u get any closer to him…If she was crazy he obviously loves it because we all saw how much affection they had for each other and all i have to say is to those girls when a dude beats yo ass and leaves u on a street by yo self with any way of getting home…Then coma back to me and tell me if u think u deserved it.

22. Trevaun says: